Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hoarders

The TV show Hoarders has done crazy things to me...
I have spent the first two weeks of 2011 going through everything in my home. I have definite Hoarder proclivities. (big word, I know)

So the next few posts will chronicle my adventures in organizing and purging my house.

So today I share with you the adventures of cleaning out my kitchen pantry.

First, I need to see if all of this:




Can fit into this:




My new philosophy in cleaning and organizing has become: Do I love it? Do I use it? So I guess that can work with food too. When my son Josh lived with us for a while we ended up with a lot of organic and whole wheat based food items in the pantry. So there they have remained since he left over a year ago. Do I love it? No. Do I use it? No. So away they went into the trash.

Also, I have been trying to organize using containers. So I separated items into baskets based on their uses. Baking items in one, breakfast items in another, pastas, well you get the drift...

So here is the finished product:




This feels so good.


Tune in again next week to see what I have done in the guest room. My son Tyler and I have renamed the guest room "The Hoarder Room".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! You are amazing!

craig said...

very jealous...I would love a pantry like that...good job sis

paul said...

Two walk into our house you would think we are total minimalists. It's very stark and uncluttered. Don't open a cupboard. If I can close a door so i don't have to look at it, chances are, it's Chaos inside. We do have a pantry, but it's full of magazines, place matts and old pots and pans. Good job on your pantry. I'm enveous.

Jackie said...

I have a few closets still like that Paul. I am slowly working on all of them.