Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Guest Room


My guest room had become a catch-all for my treasures found at DI.

Tyler had also begun using it to store his computer parts. (he rebuilds broken computers)

Tyler and I had started calling it our "Hoarding Room".

Well, enough was enough, so a couple of weeks ago I completely cleaned, organized and re-arranged to make it a pretty space for any guests we might have.

Over the years this room has been a place of healing for several members of our family

Tony remembers staying there during the week after he broke his ankle while snowboarding.

Josh recovered from two surgeries there and lived with us for a few months while saving to buy his first Condo.

My brother Terry stayed with us for a year while making some changes in his life.

So now the room is ready in case it is needed again. I hope the room continues to be a place of healing for our family.







6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it and may need to stay tonight!

Jackie said...

You are welcome any time Emily.

craig said...

I'm on my way...Paul's being sooo mean to me tonight.

Jackie said...

Tell Paul to be nice or I'll have to come down there and give him a real "what for".

Anonymous said...

Paul just keeps telling me I'm honory and so I must need to "do a job". Don't know where he got that one.

paul said...

I am not now, nor have I ever been mean. We will, however, have our guest room ready for you when you come down and give me the What For, just don't open the pantry.