Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sneak Peak

The total remodel is in the ending phases....We are just finishing the baseboards, and the last few pieces of the Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Floor. We lived without a kitchen for over three weeks. That got old quite quickly.

I will be blogging several times to show the different rooms since the remodel.

Our two story entry features a large shelf area that I have never been satisfied with. We painted the part of the wall that juts out a darker color called Sandstone. It turned out really nice and compliments the Parisian Taupe that is the main color of the first floor. Everything on the shelf was purchased from yard sales or my favorite thrift store: Deseret Industries.

Here is a sneak peak of the first completed element of the transformation.
















I am so excited to be finished with this project. Every night and every weekend has been filled with work, bruised knees, blisters and slivers. But it will all be worth it in the end.

Next week, I will reveal the completed living room.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! So-o-o, are you going to put stained glass in the upper window? Actually, that's my dream. Anyway, what are the colors you're using? Not promising anything, but I still have some red toile that belongs to you. Would red still go?

Jackie said...

You have some red toile? I had forgotten that. I think it might be too much red. Hmmm...but it might work.

Oooh. Stained glass? Maybe I could steal that idea. ;)

Unknown said...

Do you still live in the same house as you did when I knew you? I am trying to picture the changes and I remember a shelf in your entryway that something Japanese on it...

Dawn said...

Maybe if it was with some white and white and red. I cut out a picture of what I want to do with it. Now I just have to find the picture and the toile. Hmmm...Maybe in that pile beside my bed or out in the quilt room. Good thing I have a long weekend.

Jackie said...

Yes, Marcie, it's the same house. Wow, you have a great memory. I remember having Japanese stuff on that shelf.