Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Am A Basket Case

I have had this Ikea "Expedit" Bookcase for a couple of years. I have enjoyed using it to display various collectible items in my dining room. It's been fun, but the new me, the practical, organized me, wanted to change it up a bit.

So, for my birthday, I purchased 16 (with help from my friend Emily) baskets from Ikea. I love the new look and my kitchen is sadly lacking in cabinet space. So I will use the baskets to help store some of my kitchen linens, extra pasta and dry goods to help augment my kitchen storage.

So here are the before and after shots. What do you think? Do you have any ideas for what I could store in them?

Before: Cute and Fun!


After: Organized and useful but still pretty.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great place to hide the bodies...

paul said...

That looks so totally great. It's giving me ideas for my laundry room, which is my next project.

Jackie said...

Great idea Emily. Keep them coming...

Oh wait, that was an inappropriate idea. LOL

Jackie said...

Thanks Paul. I want to see before and after shots of your laundry. You always do an amazing job of remodeling.